Monday, July 21, 2008

I just want to apologize for my lack of blogging in the last few weeks, I guess I have been kinda lazy and sometimes I don't feel I have much to write about. Anyways in my little hiatus I celebrated a birthday! I worked on my real birthday, but I did go away for the weekend, and had a great time. I managed to catch the new movie Dark Knight, with Heath Ledger. I am normally not really into these types of movies, but I was pretty impressed with this one!

Work has been kind of crazy lately, we are having staffing issues lately with people on holidays and such and trying to find coverage. It has been pretty hectic but I find that taking things one day at a time helps a bit. I also got a cost of living raise, which doesnt do a whole lot, but I guess every little bit makes a difference.

Anyways, I do have two product reviews for you. I had been thinking awhile about getting a new mascara, I was considering getting Benefit's Badgal Lash. I talked to my friend who works in the cosmetics department at work and she said she didn't think it was worth the money in her opinion and that Covergirl's Lashblast was just as good. The Lash Blast was the other one I was considering.
I have to say, this mascara is pretty good! I haven't tried the Benefit one, but I'll bet she was right. It makes your lashes look longer and thicker. My lashes are incredibly long already, so I usually go for the volume boosting types. It definately measures up in the volume department, although they never seem to look at thick as I want them to, but I think thats my issue. lol. Anyways its a great mascara and I would recommend it to anyone.

My next review is for the Covergirl Amazement Wetslicks! Here's the one I bought today:

Mine is called SlapHappy and its a nice pinky/coral colour with a little bit of shimmer. These are exactly like the regular wetslicks except they have peppermint oil in them so it smells like toothpaste and gives your lips a tingly cool feeling. I love these things! And I love the colour that I chose as well. I may have to get another. It reminds me of Urban Decays XXX Shine Gloss which also has the minty flavour. Its just as good and only half the price.

Anyways I would love to hear what you guys think about these products, who's bought them? Did you love or hate them?

No comments: